This is the #2 part of the All In Holiday Challenge--The Plan. I'm calling my plan SARA.
What? So I like acronyms...
- Specific plan for each event. Blog about each specific event before it happens. Events include but are not limited to: Mission Trip, Thanksgivings A and B, Holiday Cabin Getaway #1, anniversary overnight shopping trip, Cookie Baking Party, family Girl's Christmas Party, Christmas Eves A and B, Christmas Day, Holiday Cabin Getaway #2, and New Year's Eve. I have learned that anything that throws off my "routine" is going to make things hard on me...and it seems that my routine is about to be a non-routine for the next 6 weeks. By having a plan of attack for each out of the ordinary event/meal I am hoping to stop the madness before it ever happens. I want to treat each event as an individual.
- Pre-Event routine: Eat an apple, drink at least one bottle of water, get gloss on and gum in.
- Exercise before the event. Exercise EVERY DAY.
- Carry my verses from previous Bible studies and a small list of motivations for sticking to my goals at all times. In moments of weakness, slip into bathroom and re-focus using said tools.
- I'm sure I will think of more...
I plan to journal or blog about each event after it occurs. This will help make sure I am staying on track, evaluate which strategies are working and not working, and it will be a great way to acknowledge success and the feeling of success. I will also assess each day by recording food intake, exercise and spiritual activity in my Live It Tracker.
I really want to go to The Dallas Symphony Orchestra during the holidays...maybe for a mid-point reward. I would love to do a girl's weekend to Hot Springs if I reach my ultimate goal on January 1. Honestly, all the reward I am going to need is waking up in 2011 knowing that I did something I have never done before. I will feel great and that is going to be awesome. Can't wait!
I am committed to reaching my goal of weighing less than 172 pounds on January 1, 2010. I am accountable to all who read this blog, my First Place Group, myself and God. There is no reason that upon reliance of HIS strength I can not reach this goal. IN my strength--absolute failure, in His--Victory!
So that's my plan so far. It's a work in progress but I'm just glad I have one. I feel...safe...at this point. Anyone else ready to tackle the All In Challenge? Details here...
P.S. Just in case anyone is really obsessive and wondering about my lack of a weekly weigh-in post this week...I have decided to start posting a monthly weigh-in. I will do it on the first Wednesday of every month.