January 23, 2013

80 Calorie Cupcakes


This recipe is easy as a piece of cake. Or cupcake in this instance.

Cake:
Box cake mix (I used strawberry)
Can of soda (I used regular Sprite, use caramel colored drinks for chocolate cake)
Beat together. Pour in cupcake pan. Bake according to box directions.

Frosting:
Box of jello pudding (I used strawberries and cream)
Carton Cool Whip Free
Splash of milk
Beat together. Let sit in bowl in fridge until grittiness from pudding mix is gone. About 5 minutes.
Frost cupcakes. Optional: Top with sprinkles  (adds 15 calories)

These were gobbled up by my hubby, children and some students at church tonight. No one was complaining about taste and hubby said they were good. (He is usually honest about this type of thing). Of course you could reduce the calories even more by using a sugar-free"Splenda" Cake mix, a diet drink and sugar free-fat free pudding mix. But I thought 80 calories was pretty good. :)

The flavor combos with the cake, pudding and sodas are endless. Have fun and let me know what you come up with!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli Byers said...

I have these in the oven right now. :) I got sugar free cheesecake pudding mix to combine with the cool whip free! Bet it will be yummy! :)

Ell said...

Vanilla cake base with, pineapple chunks in the icing! So great!