February 9, 2011

Weigh In: 1.5 lb. Gain


171 lbs.

Am I shocked? No! This is pretty typical. I will bounce up and down on the 170s/160s border for a few weeks, I'm sure. There were plenty of challenges last week as we were trapped inside for 4 days straight! I did good for the first 3 days but the last day I started to slack off. Then we had a Super-Bowl/Birthday party on Sunday and I made the decision to eat whatever I wanted. I don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other about the decision. I would probably still weigh 169.6 this week if I hadn't done that but it's not worth beating myself up over.

Even though I brought this gain on myself, I have been thinking about the weigh-ins where we do everything we can and still--no loss. That's tough. When you try so hard and at the end of the week there is nothing on the scale to show for it, that can be a devastating and debilitating feeling. The quicker you can get past it, the better.

I've been at this for over a year now and the weeks I stayed the same or gained probably out-number the weeks I've lost. I'd venture to say that is the norm.I think I have finally gotten used to the feeling you get when you don't lose. I can finally say that. Since I am committed to a lifetime of eating this way, it seems kind of silly to get mad about one week's weigh-in anymore. It's about Persistence--NOT Perfection!

It can be a roller coaster, no doubt about it. As long as I am moving forward (mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually)though, I am happy to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

NSV's for the week:
  • I committed to run a half-marathon in May!!!
  • Learning so much about the GRACE of God in my Bible study.
  • Focused on renewal of my mind--memorized 5 verses of scripture, becoming ever-dependent on my time in The Word.
  • Got to see my FP4H girls last night even though bad weather tried to keep us from meeting.

Photobucket

9 comments:

SkinnyGirlSetFree said...

Yep, you've gotta hang in there, honey! You'll get it back! :) Great NSVs! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha. You must be listening to my own self-talk this morning. I'm finally--fiinaaallllyyy--getting the vidion of this lifetime thing. I can feel it edging from head to heart. :)

My memory verse for this morning? Glad you asked! It's: "Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted." :D Wahoo! :D

Deb

Adrienne said...

LOVED this post! I agree with you. Most weigh in's are not a loss. But that's just the journey. And yay for your first half! I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday. It was AMAZING.

Stacey said...

Persistence...NOT Perfection....AMEN!!!

I am so excited about your upcoming half marathon. That is huge!

Anonymous said...

I am relatively new reader, and am looking forward to following along on your halvsie(this is what am calling my journey to a half marathon in January 2012) journey. I am have A LOT farther to go, but your success is such an inspiration to us newbies. Thanks for sharing your story!
joni:)
www.jolybla.blogspot.com

Charbelle said...

I realized tonight why I'm usually affected by your posts. You inspire me because your weight loss is not about being a certain size but rather living to be who God wants you to be. You're honest and real about who you are and where you are at. It's just an honest look at who you are, where you have been and how you keep moving on in God's grace.
Growing up I always heard about losing weight because of being fat but your perspective has been so wonderful for me to see!!
I appreciate your blog :)

Ashley said...

I know you read my blog today, so it's probably silly to say this as you already know, but this post really hit home. But you are SO right, persistence is the key!

Tiff said...

Good attitude! Keep moving forward girl, because as you know, God's grace never runs out!

Sandi said...

I just started reading you, love your blog!
I would go nuts if I saw the same weight range day in day out, especially if I was really putting in the work (you obviously are)!
Have you thought about shaking things up? Something that worked for me was one day eating 1200 calories and the next eating 1600. It just wasn't the same thing everyday, and my body responded with weight loss.
Take care,
Sandi