May 24, 2010

Dressing Room Fun

I'm not a cussing woman, but if I were, I bet a good majority of it would take place in dressing rooms. Ughh! Don't get me wrong--way easier to walk into a dressing room today than it was 6 months ago, but still not as fun as I'd like it to be.

Yesterday was a shopping fest for my mom and me. We spent 4 hours in Ann Taylor. Out of the 4 hours, I'd say about 2.5 were spent in the dressing room.I ended up with a pair of jeans, a pair of SHORTS (gasp), two t-shirts and an awesome necklace.

You know the point where you are in between trying on and you decide to look in the mirror even though you know your not going to like it? It's like watching a train wreck happen.

Well, I did that yesterday. I was staring at my upper thighs. The very, very upper part. The part none of you has ever seen before.They are plump. That is a perfect descriptive word for them. PLUMP. When I stand with my legs together the plumpness is magnified.

So I needed a pick-me-up after 4 hours of staring at the magnified plumpness. What I had fun doing (and you should try this) was standing with my legs slightly a part, pulling the fat from the back side of my legs and then stepping in so my thighs were touching. The line between the thighs went straight down instead of squiggling all the way down. It was magical.

I shudder at the thought of what the rear view looked like!
Photobucket

14 comments:

ThunderThighs said...

i went shopping over the weekend too... it was terrible... i feel your pain... i can suck in my belly a little to look a little better, but i can't suck in my legs... :( o well, it's a process and we have to deal with who we are today... someday we'll be there tho

Cheryl Ann said...

I had to buy some shorts for summer and guess what? I ended up buying MEN'S SHORTS!!!! They have a 9 inch side seam (unlike women's, which are VERY short!) and lots of pockets! I was thrilled! Hubby and I went to the Bass store in Las Vegas. Heck, I don't care if they are men's shorts! At least my hoo-ha doesn't stick out!

Kate said...

I broke out the bikini at my friend's farm yesterday. She's 7 months pregnant and we've long lost the fear of showing our fat bods to one another. But when I got up to go to the house and saw myself reflected in the glass door? I may or may not have said some really bad words while she laughed and laughed until the baby poked her in the rib.

Ha!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this post was too funny! The perfect early morning read. lol.

I went shopping last week. Yuk. Nothing fit right. I seem to be in between sizes. One foot in the women's dept and the other hovering at the edge of the regular sizes. Takes a lot of tryiing on. I had a 3 year old with me and me husband.... aarrgghh.

The good news was--and the reason I would do something so foolhardy as going shopping with the above mentioned crrew--was that a fat clothes store I like was having a ONE day sale & I had a $20 off coupon. Wahoo!

BUT, NOTHING FIT. Not even their size 0x. zero x ? Whatever size that really is, it was too big. I left the store with no clothes but a smile on my face.

Must say, that it went down hill from there tho. I tried to buy bras...not good, not good at all.

Anyway, too long of a comment.

Wahoo, you--SHORTS! Chuckle.

Deb

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like Ann Taylor's clothes. This is my first time to your blog and I read in the sidebar that you are looking to God.....this is so awesome!

Tricia said...

I went shopping this weekend too. It was actually a successful trip for me. First time in my life I had a hard time deciding which of the sundresses I wanted....they actually all looked GREAT. It was such a strange feeling for me. :)

dailyseeking said...

I can't take the lights in the dressing room. I will not look in the mirror, unless it feels like it fits and my body is clothed.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

You may not be having fun (yet), but you've come a long way and accomplished so much. Don't lose sight of your achievements!

Christine said...

I don't know why, but any sort of cottage cheesey part of the body takes on magnified proportions under the dreaded lights of dressing rooms...ugh.
It gets better each time.

Lindsay said...

I didn't find anything on my shopping trip! I'm to picky! I think the dressing room lighting sucks! At least if I dont like what I see I blame it on that!

Traci said...

Oh shopping is horrid. I do that all the time too. Push the fat back to catch a glimpse of what it could look like.

Unknown said...

4 hours!!! OMG! how on earth did you survive??!! lol

Dressing room mirrors are EVIL- that lighting is bad too! lol

Unknown said...

4 hours!!! OMG! how on earth did you survive??!! lol

Dressing room mirrors are EVIL- that lighting is bad too! lol

Jessie said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! I bet you looked a lot better than you think :-) I actually bought 2 pairs of shorts yesterday! This will be the first time I wear shorts in YEARS!