May 30, 2010

Weekend Away

I am just back from a trip to our family retreat in Oklahoma. My parents have a cabin in a little lake town there. It is so much fun to go and relax. The only part I don't really like is having to check for ticks when I get home. Yuck!

Anyway, it was a great weekend. I realized that the last time I was there was at Christmas. I weighed about 40 pounds more than I do now! This time I ate differently and I was definitely more active. My mom and I tried to find and run on the 5K course that we will be doing later this month. It was a booger with a couple of killer hills. It felt good to get a run in and sweat like crazy though.

I also got to go play putt-putt and ride go-karts with my husband and son this morning. Two things I would have never done before "the change." It was fun. I guess I just have a more adventurous spirit now. Yes, go-karts=adventure for this gal. Well, now wait a minute. I was even trying to talk my husband into going for a 3 mile canoe ride at one point. That is pretty adventurous by anyone's standards, right?

I am feeling very light on my toes lately. I'm pretty confident this week is going to be the one for the new decade. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it IS looking that way! Yipee!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Photobucket
P.S. For all those who read my previous post about a trip, I need to correct myself. On the sidebar of my blog, you will see that the trip reward comes at the 90lb. lost mark, not goal. So I only have about 40lbs. to go! However, I did some figuring and if I lose an average of 1.5 lbs a week, I will be at goal on the week of my 31st birthday! Would that not be cool!!?!

Also, just to comment on a few of your comments from said post:

1. I do like the idea of a cruise, but mainly because of the buffets, so that's out.
2. My mom and I are looking at a New England Harbor Hopping Cruise so I just might get to do both. Lynda with a Y, I will take you up on that guide service you offered!
3. We are already planning on a Disney trip in a couple of years! I know it is great and I can't wait to go back.
4. Costa Rica sounds like a winner to me.
5. We are going to go to a travel agent with a list of my demands ;) and our budget and see what they can come up with...I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I built a new trellis for my lima beans this afternoon, and as I was up and down off the ground and sweating and pounding, I also realized that I was not grunting as I got up and off the grass. That's progress.

99ToGo said...

Yeah for a new adventerous spirit! Here's hoping you'll hit that new 'decade' in the next day or two...I'm on the verge of a new one too, and CAN'T WAIT!

Christine said...

I can't wait to try out a go cart again...for years I avoided them.
The last time we went to a fun park, I didn't get in one because I KNEW they were too small.
You bet your sweet bippy I am hopping in one the next time.
Good luck on getting to your goal soon.

Traci said...

Disneyland or DisneyWorld? We live super close to Disneyland if you ever wanted to meet up when you come. :) I love your reward chart. I need to come up with some goal rewards along the way.