October 21, 2010

Weigh In: 1 lb. Loss


174.5 lbs

Scale moving = :o)

I have become highly aware that the scale has WAY to much power over my state of mind. I am very close to packing the scale away for a few weeks, but I'm not quite there yet. In the past, when I had been slacking off, I thought about hiding the scale as a way to avoid reality. At this point in time, I'm beyond that. But I have realized that seeing something I don't like on the scale in the morning has the potential to sway my whole day. Good sway or bad sway, that is wrong. So, if I can't get rid of this unhealthy relationship with the scale, I may have to crush it to smithereens get rid of it.

But for today--the scale remains. (Probably because I liked what I saw this morning. LOL)

I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Today will be day 7 for me. I really love it. A 20 minute workout--you get cardio, strength and abs-- and the results are fast! I can already see a difference in my arms and waist. It is hard, I won't lie. But like Jillian reminds me, you can't workout for 20 minutes and expect results without working hard! It's worth it.

¡Vale la pena!

A friend of mine uses this phrase often. It means "It's worth the pain" in Spanish. There is so much that is painful about weight loss. If you approach it in a comprehensive way, one in which you are dealing with the mental, emotional and spiritual fronts as well as the physical, it can be nearly debilitating.

Fact: Change is painful.

Facing our weaknesses, our mistakes and our failures hurts! But we can not truly change with out doing these things. Pushing through the pain is the victory and it is THE ONLY WAY to get where you want to go. You and I have to understand and accept that.

I did a vlog in February in which I predicted that I would be to goal by now. Well, I'm not. I was thinking about that a lot this week and the Lord pointed out something to me. I may not be at the weight goal I set for myself, but this lifestyle? It's not really one I am trying to adapt anymore. It IS my lifestyle. I am a different person. I am a new person in Christ.

So here's what I'm thinking--I am at "goal". It's not the goal I set for myself; it's not even a goal I knew I wanted to reach. In the beginning I didn't really want to give up my lifestyle--I just wanted to be skinny. The goal God had for me (and has for you) is beyond anything I could have wanted or imagined. I will spend the rest of my life telling the world...

My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:4-9

Oh, how He loves us! And this is also makes me = :0)
Photobucket

15 comments:

Gina said...

I know you hear it a lot, but your writing & Christ filled lifestyle are such an encouragement. Your mindset is spot on! And the verses always help. Way to be a role model!

Bridgette said...

It's great that rather than feel defeated because you didn't reach a goal you set for yourself, you feel you've accomplished much because you realize you are at a point in your journey God intended.

You have learned to lived a new way regardless of whether you have lost "x" pounds. Congratulations!

Proverbs 19:21
You can make many plans, but Lord's purpose will prevail. (NLT

Sierra said...

I actually stopped looking at my weight thing at Weight Watchers until I get home for the night, just because seeing what I did either depresses or excites me. haha.

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Yay!! You are a very beautiful woman inside and out!!

And that is so true with what you wrote "the goal God had for me (and has for you) is beyond anything I could have wanted or imagined." We can set those goals and follow them but truly it all comes down to God and nothing else. Or else we would live by works and works alone. When we walk in those principles of not overeating, eating healthy and exercise and God on our side we can't fail and we will arrive at the perfect Goal...His goal! :)

Chris xoxo

Kristi said...

Awesome post! A terrific message!

And get rid of those nasty scales! ;-)

Kendra said...

I. love. this. post.
I love how you realized that the goal God had for you is so different than your own.
Just goes to show again how we are not in control.
And as a type A, that is soo hard to grasp most of the time.

Lucrecia said...

Such a powerful and true message! I realized today that I didn't feel deprived that I couldn't have a shake at lunch today. I didn't even think "I can't wait until I'm at goal and can have shakes again". Only God could put that peace in my heart!

BTW, you look amazing!!

Can do mom said...

Way to jump start the weight loss progress Keelie! You haven't been afraid to analyze your program when it stalled out and I think that's why you're back on track again.

I have to tell you something cute. My 10yo son sometimes reads blogs over my shoulder but not regularly. Even so, you must have made an impression on him because tonight when I was putting him to bed and we were saying prayers, he asked God to bless you! I thought that was sweet.

Blessings to you!

Lisa said...

I am SO with you on the scale thing. I used to weigh once a week, first thing Friday morning, and don't know how I ended up changing to daily weighing, but it definitely sets my mood for the day. Some days are great obviously if the number has dropped, others are ok, but probably a third of them suck if I've had water gain or whatever, and it's even been known to make me cry.
So I'm seriously trying to work out how I can go back to weekly weighing...

Paula said...

Are you on twitter?

BEE said...

just keep doing what you are doing
i wish someone had told me what im about to tell you a couple months ago

i ave gained about 20 pounds back and i feel horribly uncomfortable in my own skin

dont gain it back

work through the pain
because its only harder


gaining weight and having to redo it all
trust me

BEE said...

just keep doing what you are doing
i wish someone had told me what im about to tell you a couple months ago

i ave gained about 20 pounds back and i feel horribly uncomfortable in my own skin

dont gain it back

work through the pain
because its only harder


gaining weight and having to redo it all
trust me

Bella said...

Hi.

I've been reading your blog for a while and I really do admire you. You look absolutely stunning :)

I have one question about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred dvd. Do you need any equipments for the workout ? Like weights, yoga mattress etc. ?

Keelie said...

Bella--you need some hand weights and a mat if you are working on a hard surface:)

BikiniBound said...

You look like SUCH a Rockstar in that pic! Love it! Youre such an inspiration!