September 3, 2011

Fat Heart Healed

I think I'm ready to start this puppy up again. I think. I am eating a bag of Doritos right now. I just had 3 pieces of pepperoni pizza. For a snack.

Yeah. It's time.

I would write this epic long blog post about why I've been gone but who really wants to read that? I will point out one thing. You may not notice unless you are very observant. The tag line under the title of my blog has always been but getting skinnier, everyday. In the beginning of this blog, my only goal was to GET. SKINNY. PERIOD. And so the tag line was pretty appropriate. As the months have gone by, that little line has bothered me more and more.

Last night I was reading the story of Namaan the Leper to my son (from 2 Kings 5). He was a general. A little girl Namaan had kidnapped (and whose family he had had killed) forgave him and had love in her heart for him. She sent him to be healed of his leprosy by Elisha. Elisha told him what to do to be healed by God, but he wouldn't do it. He was too proud. He didn't want to do the simple thing to be healed because it wasn't the way he thought it should or would go. But God knew that Namaan was sicker on the inside than he was on the outside. Namaan thought he didn't need God. His heart didn't work properly--it couldn't feel anything. Naaman had leprosy of the heart. Out of his great mercy and grace, God was not only going to heal Namaan's skin but he was going to heal his heart, too. Namaan finally gave in and did what God said. So it was that a very sick man was healed all because of a little girl who forgave him.

As I sat, today, thinking of what in the world I was going to do about this blog, it hit me. I am Namaan. Jesus is the little girl. And God has healed me. Not only was there fat on my body but there was fat on my heart. In Matthew 13:15, Jesus speaks to his disciples about people with "fat hearts":

For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.

I have been healed from the inside out and I will spend the rest of my days proclaiming this good news. I have a story to tell! 

If anything is ever accomplished through my blog or in my life, Lord, let it be this:

"He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30

And my joy will be complete.
Photobucket

15 comments:

Shrinking Mommy of 2 said...

Great post! I love reading your blog! The good, the bad, and the honesty!

Breathing In Grace said...

You are absolutely one of the sweetest, most humble of ladies. I wish we could meet in person so that I could give you a hug!! Love you bunches, Ms. Keelie...my sister in CHRIST!!!

Amy Lee said...

Love this post and love reading your blog.

Kate said...

The Doritos are fine. You will make it. I know it. Let God guide you. Sometimes we walk away and whether we know it or not, the darkness feels horrid, but familiar. The familiar has to go. I hate it. I'm sure you do too. Do the uncomfortable. Do the unfamiliar. I am cheering you on.

SkinnyGirlSetFree said...

Welcome back! I've been thinking about you! I've been kinda MIA from my blog lately......anndd have been trying to get my butt kicked back into gear..... it's not easy.

BUT, WE CAN DO IT! :) Let's get to it, mmkay?!

Maria said...

Enjoyed this, enjoy your blog period. I myself am re-committing to finishing my goal all the while, enjoying the journey. Praying for you friend!

Molly said...

Yay Keelie! You CAN do this!

Tanna said...

Keelie, I so needed to read this today. Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

Anonymous said...

Great post Keelie! I have been wondering what you were up to........as I was sitting eating some cookies UGH! they were good though. got back on track this week and feeling so much better! just not on the pc a lot lately....have a great week and whatever you do, don't lose sight of your goal. WHATEVER it is that you choose......

Marcella

kelly said...

Love, love, love it!!!! We ALL must decrease!

Can do mom said...

I've missed you, Keelie.

I love your big heart. Actually, I love all of you. You're wonderful. I don't care what size you are. YOU ARE LOVED, by GOD and by ME.

CathyB said...

Happy to have found your blog. I'll be back soon!!
CathyB

Angela said...

Thank you for being honest and real. Helps me to be real with my food "treats" that I deal with. God is blessing you every day and you bless us!

Morgan said...

I miss you so much! Please come back! While you may be feeling down you've been an inspiration to me!!

leslie@gleaninggrace said...

Hi, Keelie!
I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before, and for that I am sorry because I've been reading it for at least 6 months.
LOTS of what you say and do is inspiring for me. This post in particular is so fitting for me to read.
I think I need to come back and reread it often!
Thanks for sharing!
~Leslie~