September 4, 2010

A Week of Greatness

How is it that my BABY boy turned 5 this week? He is in school. He is big. I'm not necessarily excited that he is growing so fast but that he is growing period and healthy and happy--for that I am grateful.



I haven't mentioned it here, but I just recently started a design business with a friend. This has always been my dream and the fact that one teeny weeny step has been taken toward that dream is almost unbelievable to me. This weekend some of my designs are for sale at a local craft market. So exciting!


I'm not sure why I'm letting this be buried in the middle of the post (and not a post of it's own) but I officially am a SIZE 12! I have been a 14 forever and yesterday I tried on 12's in 5 different brands, just to be sure. They all fit and looked good. I celebrated with a pair of black skinny jeans. Pictures soon to follow.

Another great thing about this week is that a new session of First Place for Health began. I love the feeling of the clean slate. I have a great group of ladies to celebrate with this session. The Power of Hope is our theme and it could not have come at a better time for me.

Another great thing that happened--remember I served on a jury a couple of weeks ago? I posted about the profound impact it had on me. I am still thinking about it on a daily basis...wondering about the man I decided was guilty. Well, yesterday I received a letter in the mail from the prosecuting attorney letting me know that the man had FULLY CONFESSED to the crime at his sentencing! I was so relieved. I'm know the justice system isn't flawless but dang if it didn't work this time!

I hope you all have had a great week, too and that the greatness will just continue right on into a long weekend!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Erin (formerly Romantic Comedee) said...

Congrats Keelie. Seems like you have a lot to celebrate this week. I'm sending wonderful, happy thoughts your way.

Jen Newsham said...

Congrats on being in a size 12!! Have a great weekend!!

BEE said...

thanks so much for your comment

you are so inspirational

i feel ya on our boys getting to big too fast

awesome job a size 12 is amazing

Anonymous said...

What an exceptional list of blessings! From beginning to end of the post--just exeptional. :D Deb

LauraLynne said...

my crazy brain looks at you in a size 12 and thinks "wow baby, hot mama" where as my size 12's must be a misprint...

I'm so thrilled for all that you've acomplished!! Keep it up!

99ToGo said...

Woooohooo for size 12s!!! Can't wait for the pics.

The letter from the attorney is awesome. One less thing to wonder about through life; and very thoughtful of the guy.

Love your creation! It's beautiful. Will be looking for more...

Patrick said...

SIZE 12 - sounds like an NSV for you - congrats. A great thing it is when we see the sweat of our effort, mental & physical, give us results! I know I love it.

Charbelle said...

So many exciting things in this post!! Yay!!!
There's an award for you over on my blog :) Hope you're having a fabulous holiday weekend!!

Danielle said...

It sounds like you had an absolutely amazing week! I love reading about things really going right for someone and it seems like everything just lined up perfectly for you.
Congrats on the size 12! Congrats on the design business (that piece is beautiful!) And congrats on making the right decision on the jury. I'm sure that letter must have been a great thing to read.
Hope everything keeps going as wonderfully as it has been!

Kate said...

I think each of these things needed their own amazing post! They are all so special.