January 5, 2011

There is Hope for You

Hidey Ho, neighbors! I am in quite the chipper mood, I tell ya! Today marks the beginning of a new 12 week First Place 4 Health study session for me. We are adding members to the group by the hour, it seems. I am so excited to see what God will do with all of us crazy ladies this go-round! I have a feeling He's got something big planned! He always does...

A year ago I attended my very first meeting. A little skeptical and a lot apprehensive, I went into it not knowing what it would be like or if it would work. One of the things I most remember hearing that first night was, "Just give us a year." They said that a change in lifestyle would take way longer than any 12 week study. It would actually take even longer than 12 months to establish a long-term complete change, but that a year of never quitting was promised to equal success for me.

While the concept of sticking with anything for an entire year scared me and still does, I decided to keep myself open to the idea. (After all, nothing had worked up to that point in my life.) I am so thankful that God's grace allowed me to stay open. If you have been reading here for any length of time, you know that the days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and here I am a year later, changed. Truly changed for the better.

First Place 4 Health is a program that God used to transform me. My life was not changed because I learned how to cope with my emotions. It did not change because I got in shape. It didn't even change because I began to think about eating in an entirely different way. It certainly didn't change because I lost weight and can wear cute clothes now, although that was probably my #1 goal back then.

No, the reason my life changed was because this "program" teaches The Bible. It teaches that you put Jesus Christ in the FIRST PLACE of every single part of your life and HE WILL change it. I think Jesus knew that us women, we like things to come in neat little packages. So about 30 years ago he put it on the hearts of a few people to "package" His Word into a "program" that would aim straight at the aching heart of women everywhere who yearn to be happy, healthy and desirable. The neat little package would pull them in, but The Creator would transform them.

*FP4H is for men also! I just tend to see things from a woman's perspective. hmm, wonder why...

As many people are beginning to work toward a total life change this year, I would urge you to avoid the slippery slope of trying to accomplish it all on your own. It is a hard hill to climb anyway and God is offering a helping hand. Why not accept it and quit trying so hard to do this by yourself?

People comment on REAL FAT blog and Facebook quite often, "I wish I could have your success." You can! There are First Place groups all over the US and I think even around the world. You can join one! Here is a link to find a group near you:
First Place 4 Health Groups. If it happens that there is not a group in your area, here's a crazy thought--start one! Information on how to do that can be found at the link also. Leading a group has been one of the biggest blessings of my life. Nothing like being the leader to keep you on track;)

Okay, that's enough. FP4H is not paying me to write this by the way. I am just someone who has been changed by something that I know is truly "for everyone." I honestly "REAL-ly" love each and every one of you guys reading and want you to know that there is HOPE for you and this is the best way I know to find it. If I can be of help or encouragement to you in any way, please email me: keeliesue@live.com



Grace to you!
Photobucket
For more information on the First Place 4 Health program in general, click here. Don't just take my word for it, read some of the amazing testimonies on the website!

4 comments:

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

thank GOD for you!

Lily Fluffbottom said...

I'm so glad you found something that works for you! I hope it works for all others willing to try it out.

Happy New Year!


-Lily Fuffbottom
lilyfluffbottom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. You look amazing!!!!!!

Can do mom said...

Keelie,

You are a blessing and encouragement to many. Thank you for sharing so generously.

Blessings to you!