February 5, 2010

My Makover and Gratitude

Well, what do you think?

I decided after exploring the vast, VAST world of weight loss blogs that my old title (Confessions...) wasn't very original and I just had to have something new. I wanted the title to somehow convey the theme of transparency that I am striving for on this blog. I began brainstorming with words like TRUE, HONEST, and REAL.

Obviously, the latter won out. Borrowing a design idea from one of my favorite magazines, the new look and title were born. Sure, you could say I'm REAL fat as in I'm REALLY fat. But once again--I am primarily going for the idea of transparency as in let's keep it REAL.

I dug around and found a few more "before" pictures for your viewing pleasure. Find them on my sidebar. I don't know why but I am having a heyday posting these disgusting pictures of myself. It is SUCH a motivator for me. Anyway...

On a different note, I just want to say "thank you!" for all the support! The encouragement I get from reading your blogs and comments is truly priceless. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

10 comments:

Mr.s Gokey said...

Love the new look!!!

Journaling Gina said...

Love it!

Ellen said...

I like your new blog name and the new look. You really are beautiful.

Nicole said...

OMG you are doing so great! very inspiring. I named my blog "Fat to Fit Or Something Like That" it on temporary hiatus until monday! (FAIL!) lol Anyway thats beside the point! Kudos to you and your journey = D

Unknown said...

I love it also!

Kristina said...

LOVE IT! and Real Simple is one of my fav mags too lol......

Shelby said...

Love the new look; it really mirrors your open attitude! Kudos! (now can ya brainstorm a new 'do for my place? LOL)

Frannie said...

I didn't see the old one, but I do like this layout. :) Thanks for stopping by, btw! I love all the pictures. I always enjoy seeing pictures on other people's blogs, too, but I was so "scared" of the camera for so long that I firmly planted myself behind it... meaning, I have tons of pictures of everyone else, and close to none of myself. I've been coming up empty handed in trying to find "before" pictures. My boyfriend and I have been together for more than three years and I can probably count pictures of us together on one hand.... so sad. I've been taking pictures lately, though, so I plan to start posting more soon!

Anyhoo, I look forward to reading more later!

Denise said...

I just found you through the Healthy You Challenge and I'm so glad that I did. I can really relate to your struggle and appreciate your openness and honesty in what you write.

Stacey said...

Looks good! I think you chose an awesome title that really sums up your authenticity about being 'real'.

Look how many followers you have now!! I know for myself, I keep coming back because you are so real.