February 5, 2010

Why is that weird girl taking so many pictures of herself?

1. I enjoy visiting weight loss blogs that are full of photos. It is very encouraging to see what I might look like at a certain weight and that other people are doing this and being successful.

2. I see myself more clearly when I take a photo. It helps keep me grounded--realizing that I DO look better, but I'm still not "there." Motivation to keep moving towards the next photo.

3. One of these days I am going to have a great documentation of what I looked like before, during and after the journey.

4. It keeps me accountable and honest. Photos don't lie. I have put myself out there for all the world to see and there is no turning back now. Otherwise this would be really embarrassing.

So, there you go. I would encourage you to strike a pose today! It's kind of liberating.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I love blogs with lots of pictures as well (including yours!)..still not totally comfy with taking them of myself, but I like your idea of having an album of my journey....so Im gonna have to start taking some too! Looking forward to seeing the blog makeover!

Stacey said...

I think it is awesome how you are taking pictures. Comparing the two sets, I would have guessed you had lost more than 3 pounds. You are doing an awesome job and encouraging so many others. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I do love blogs with more pics as well. I need to put more on mine.
You are an inspiration and I thank you for that!
Keep up the good honest work!
Always look forward to reading your posts.. also exited to see the new design you come up with.
I do wonder how you put some of the details on your blog.. I can't seem to figure out the side items you have with the pretty font!