February 5, 2010

Why is that weird girl taking so many pictures of herself?

1. I enjoy visiting weight loss blogs that are full of photos. It is very encouraging to see what I might look like at a certain weight and that other people are doing this and being successful.

2. I see myself more clearly when I take a photo. It helps keep me grounded--realizing that I DO look better, but I'm still not "there." Motivation to keep moving towards the next photo.

3. One of these days I am going to have a great documentation of what I looked like before, during and after the journey.

4. It keeps me accountable and honest. Photos don't lie. I have put myself out there for all the world to see and there is no turning back now. Otherwise this would be really embarrassing.

So, there you go. I would encourage you to strike a pose today! It's kind of liberating.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I love blogs with lots of pictures as well (including yours!)..still not totally comfy with taking them of myself, but I like your idea of having an album of my journey....so Im gonna have to start taking some too! Looking forward to seeing the blog makeover!

Diana said...

Keep up the great work!

Stacey at Living by Faith said...

I think it is awesome how you are taking pictures. Comparing the two sets, I would have guessed you had lost more than 3 pounds. You are doing an awesome job and encouraging so many others. Keep it up!

Kelly said...

I do love blogs with more pics as well. I need to put more on mine.
You are an inspiration and I thank you for that!
Keep up the good honest work!
Always look forward to reading your posts.. also exited to see the new design you come up with.
I do wonder how you put some of the details on your blog.. I can't seem to figure out the side items you have with the pretty font!