June 15, 2011

Early Bird Gets the Breeze

And the sunrise!

I decided on a whim last night to attend a local group fitness class that met at 5:30 this morning! I woke up around 3 and spent the next two hours in a half-awake/half-asleep state thinking/dreaming of how I was going to get out of going to the class. I had already told my friend, the instructor, that I would be there. I had fought it so much, that by the time my alarm went off at 5:00 I was practically wide awake so I got up and went! Yay me!

I have been wanting to add some strength training to my weekly routine but it just seems so unlikely that I can squeeze one more thing in my day. Okay, that might be a tad bit dramatic. Let's just say it would be a challenge. I have been trying to ignore the 5:30 am Total Body Toning class that is just what I need but I am glad I finally gave in.

It was really hard for me because I haven't done any type of weight training in a while. We're only talking 3 lb. weights here, but it was still a really intense workout. I followed it up with a 2 mile walk/jog home. The breeze was unexpected and very appreciated as temperatures have already been exceeding the 100 mark pretty regularly. Muy Calient√©!

My favorite moments of the morning were first, experiencing the magical beauty of a full moon on my way to the class and then watching the sun rise as I walked back home. What a way to begin the day! I completed my special time with a glass of perfect iced coffee, thanks to Pioneer Woman.


Cheers!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Dana said...

I just started an intense weight training workout a month ago, I know what you mean about a killer workout!!! WTG!