June 11, 2011

The YAY Post


I ran in the Race for the Cure 5K this morning.



Kristi (who has lost 170 lbs. by the way) is highly involved with the Susan G. Komen organization. We have a wonderful weekend every year when the race rolls around to celebrate her mom, Katie, who is a 3 time breast cancer survivor! YAY!

Here they are together! YAY!



I love this picture :) I wrote a post after last year's race, too.

I really wanted to run a 30 minute 5K (or less!) but I just couldn't do it. I pushed myself pretty hard though and finished with all I had so that is satisfactory. Have you ever done a 5K? It is really an attainable goal for anyone. Check out the Couch-to-5K training plan, sign up for a race and get started! YAY!

I started back on my tracker yesterday and have completed today's as well. YAY. I decided yesterday that I would eat at Subway after the race today. I knew from past experiences that after I complete a race I feel "entitled" to eat whatever I want but I also knew I didn't want to eat "whatever" so I did a lot of mental rehearsing yesterday. It worked; even though I thought about Corner Bakery paninis and Taco Bueno burritos on the way, I did arrive at Subway. YAY.



I am about to have a cup of joe and plan out the rest of our crazy week. To-Do lists galore! We will be leaving a week from tomorrow for a week-long road trip out of state. I have lots to do before that happens: swimming lessons, shopping, 2 concerts, birthday GNO, cleaning house and and car, packing the fam of four...more than enough to make this anxious girl just a tad bit stressed. And we all know that stressed is desserts spelled backwards :( So, prayer. Lots of prayer. YAY!

It is 6:30. I don 't think I will be asleep before 8. I am always so afraid I won't make it from dinnertime to bedtime without eating something I didn't plan on! I feel like I am a character in a video game and the food is like little bombs and obstacles everywhere. If I can just dodge them and make it to the end without getting blown up I win. (YAY! If I win.)

Weird, right?
Photobucket

1 comment:

Phantom August said...

I totally know what you mean about the food bombs. I need to come up with a related analogy to help me defeat them...maybe I have an unlimited supply of Koopa shells made of my own sheer awesomeness? Okay, I'll keep thinking...