February 12, 2012

Sunday Without the Scale



Finally! We have winter weather in the Lone Star state! The flurries are dropping as I type. I have enjoyed the mild winter we've had so far but I know many folks are happy to see the snow. So all you winter-lovers: enjoy!

A couple of times today I wondered about that scale. And what three numbers I would see pop up if I stepped on it. I wondered for a moment and then I moved on. I was able to focus on other things. I am only a couple of days into this and realizing just how much my choices regarding food have been driven by the scale. It's almost like I am having to sober up from the scale. The longer I go without using it the more clearly I can see what it was doing to me. I can definitely see a healthy realtionship with the scale emerging at some point in the future. Just not sure when that will be and I'm good with waiting to find out. In the mean time I am focused on abiding.

If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:10-12

Photobucket

3 comments:

me said...

That's awesome! I don't think I'm there yet. I think I am still too easily influenced by the scale, and can get too frustrated when the number just isn't going down. Hopefully I'll be able to adjust and learn soon!

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

=) Love this! (I like that mirror, too.) You can't go wrong with your focus, EVERi.

God bless you, Keelie, and enjoy the snow. We've got a forecast for it here; it's exciting!

Single Ma said...

You look cute in that picture. Love the jacket and the scarf!

Enjoy your winter wonderland. Just keep the snow over there. We (people in the NE) will not miss it. :-)