February 17, 2012

Suggestions & Tracker 48


I LOVE this coffee cup and I LOVE the person who gave it to me. I like to think of it like a little note from her that never goes away. So many times I have been on the brink of melt down, naturally fix myself a cup of coffee, and this is the gem that greets me when I open the cabinet door. When I looked at it tonight I sighed in agreement. Yes, it is always okay to keep calm. It always makes sense to keep calm. And to carry on? Well, there is really no other reasonable choice. I'm so thankful that I've been taught to carry on through the funk. I know this will serve me well when the day comes that my funk has nothing to do with cookie dough. So you had a bad week. Might I suggest...Keeping calm and carrying on. This has never let me down.

Now, let's talk food. I usually eat a frozen dinner once or twice a week. I am pretty boring with them. I like the pizzas and Steak Panini from Lean Cuisine, the Fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli from Weight Watchers and that's about it. I rarely try new ones just because I don't want to spend that money and chance not liking it. But today I was at my mom's for dinner and she had Tortilla Crusted Fish from Lean Cuisine. She told me it was really, really good. I was skeptical but went ahead with it. Best decision I've made all week! The fish was very crispy with a wonderful chip crust. It was not overly fishy, which is the problem I've had with other frozen fish dinners. The rice is special. Special, I tell you. Very cheesy and the poblano pepper confetti creates a legit Chile relleno-like experience. I was totally and happily surprised to be able to add this new dinner to my frozen list. Add a salad and you've got yourself a winner, winner tortilla fish dinner! So, if you're in the market, might I suggest this new favorite...
Funnily enough, just about an hour before I ate this I had a run in with some actual tortilla chips. I dropped the kids off and came home to run, but when I walked in to change shoes the chips were mocking me on the kitchen island. Without pause I rushed to them and began eating. One, two, three...small handfuls. Then I stopped. I literally screamed out a prayer something like "What is WRONG with me! Stop me!" Then I turned around, grabbed the bag by the throat and pummeled it against the counter until there were no recognizable triangles left. I went to toss the lifeless bag in the trash but thought better of it and brought them back to the sink. I filled the bag up with water and watched the little pieces floating in the water.  I went to the fruit bowl and grabbed an apple. I devoured it and then went for a two mile walk. Now I have made deposits into my good choice account so I can wake up tomorrow without being overdrawn. Dang this feels good. If you are battling temptation of the baked good or chip variety, might I suggest putting some food to death.

Okay enough weird stuff from me. Here's the tracker:

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sharlie said...

haha that's soo funny..never thought of putting food to death :) And thanks for the suggestion on the lean cuisine bc I usually eat the same ones all the time too bc I'm too scared to try something different and not like it

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

Awesome, Keelie! In my room I've got a framed Keep Calm plaque I found at Goodwill last year for a dollar. I would've never thought to try the LC fish, just because I want most my fish fried! But after reading your review I think I might have to try this one. The frozen meals I've bought are the dollar Michelina's. They're good but kinda skimpy.

Good job on beating the chips. I've been known to drown a bag of temptation, because I've been known to paw through the garbage can like a bear. I really believe you are getting stronger with every win.

Thanks for sharing about your mom's cookies. When I make them I toy with the sugar measurements and use dark brown, and keep the dough refrigerated up to two days. If I make them again (more like when), I want to try Crisco instead of butter. Butter is like 20 percent water and I wonder if that has anything to do.

Anyway, go you!

xoxo

Bonnie said...

:)

Kimberly said...

You are so funny I can't stand it! Thanks for the laugh....and the inspiration!