March 7, 2010

Facing the Music

Fellas, I've had a bad week. You know what I mean. A "bad week" is dieter's code for I ate way too much of the wrong foods, didn't workout and I am guessing the scale is going to reflect that in a big way.

Not that I want to make excuses, but I ate out A LOT this week. I probably had 10 meals at restaurants and even though I tried hard, sometimes when you go to Arby's you just don't want to order a salad, you know? You want the onion bun, the roast beef, and the drippy cheese. And curly fries. And a Dr. Pepper to wash it all down.

Fortunately I didn't eat that when I went to Arby's. I had the country chicken salad, but it was only because my mom was there and when I told her I had never eaten at Arby's without ordering curly fries she said, "Well, we're not today!" So I didn't. And I actually enjoyed my salad, but I ogled my Grandma's curly fries the whole time.

UN-fortunately mom wasn't with me at On the Border tonight. I'm not going to GO THERE except to say that I really, really, really don't want to get on the scale in the morning. Really, really don't. Really.

But I will. And honestly I am not going to dwell on what the scale says. I'm just going to post it here so the little "weigh-in" box on my sidebar doesn't have any gaps. And then I will MOVE ON.

No matter what the scale says, life goes on, right? This is life. This is not a week to week, make me or break me test. This is life...where people bring you casseroles to eat and friends celebrate birthdays with cake and ice cream. This is life where you are just SUPPOSED to eat curly fries when you go to Arby's. I really believe that. :)

I love you!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Mr.s Gokey said...

I love On the Border, but ours closed down!! I guess that was for the better though. JUst look at the scale and move on. I had a horrible diet week too!! Here is to a better next week!!

Loving my Complicated Life! said...

I agree with Googie. Look at the scale, note what it says and move forward. I feel this way every week before I weigh in even if I had a good week!! :) You are right it is life, and just another week. Just move forward and make this week a better one.

Allison

Julie said...

Don't feel bad. You're right. It's life! I posted about my bad weekend as well, although something tells me, I made much WORSE decisions :(

You're doing great. Love the blog.

-Julie
http://50poundsbyjune6.blogspot.com/

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

Yep, this is life. And I agree 100% about curly fries at Arby's! Just like at Dairy Queen... there's no point in walking through the door if I'm not getting a dipped cone as part of the deal! :)

Can do mom said...

It's okay Keelie. We've all been there. I haven't been able to step on a scale in almost two weeks but have a hunch I wouldn't be happy if I did. I picked up my daughter's cold and haven't exercised since we left home. I'm beginning to feel better however and am going to start working out again today.

Life is like that. I think the key to success is picking up where we left off and not giving up! So that's my advice to you: So what if you had a bad week last week? This is a NEW week! Don't give up!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I believe you are right. Arbys = curly fries. It's a rule. You're still kicking butt - and being accountable and owning your choices. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with us about your bad week. It was a bad week for me too (also much worse than yours, I think). I agree about life being sometimes ordering the curly fries. It will never be a lifestyle change in our eating if we deprive constantly! Way to go Keelie!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri & Katie said...

Haha! I love the last few lines. I agree. You need to treat yourself sometimes~and you need to start fresh every few weeks. Loved this post! have a great week!