March 12, 2010

Food Faves & Finds No. 4

I am a lover of salad dressings. I do NOT eat light or fat free dressings that you buy at the store. I hate them. And if I am going to eat a salad, unfortunately the starring role has got to be the dressing, not the salad. Sorry, salad.

I have tried to come up with some lighter alternatives that I can make myself and enjoy. Most of the time I do not like my creations, but this is a good one.

Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette

2 T Olive Oil Mayo
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice
Cavendar's Greek Seasoning to taste

Combine ingredients in individual salad bowl and whisk until creamy. Add lettuce and toss. This is enough for a large salad for one person or two smaller salads. It is very tangy and flavorful so it doesn't take a lot. If you want a Caesar dressing, replace Worcestershire Sauce with 1 T. Dijon mustard.

100 calories!

Now you can link up your food faves and finds for the week! TGIF :)
Photobucket


3 comments:

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

i don't eat salad unless there is some combo of meat/cheese/bread/good dressing involved. that's just the way it is!

i LOVE your blog. we have similar stats, and you are really giving me a motivational boost. i could have died laughing when i read your quote on measuring out a tablespoon of pb.

keep moving!

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

That sounds really yummy! I'm the same way with dressings, most of the light ones are nasty to me (especially Ranch). I'd rather have less of the real thing. :)

Unknown said...

humm that dressing sounds interesting! I've never really made any at home. I am a blue cheese lover and to cut back on the fatty stuff I found that I like a teaspoon in my salad with balsamic vinegar/ olive oil. I also LOVE Bolthouse farms dressings- and the light blue cheese is pretty good for 1. being a bottle dressing and 2. being LIGHT! :)