January 29, 2012

Week in Review No. 4

Start weight: 228
Current Weight: 172.4
Total Loss: -55.6
Weekly Loss/Gain: -1.4

Physical
Exercise was optional this week. Wonder what the loss might have been if the exercise was made mandatory!? This week will be different. I am going to focus on the quality of foods I am choosing. The tracker has helped me get a feel for eating the right amounts of each food but I will have better results if I focus on quality this week. Overall I am good with physical progress this week, The jeans are getting comfortable again:)

Mental
There are definitely moments that my mind slips back into old patterns of thinking. But for the most part things are going good. For my birthday meal which was under 500 calories I could have easily chosen a dessert. The restaurant serves small desserts in shot glasses that looked amazing. I might have used the (strange) logic that because I had stayed under 500 calories for dinner (which I normally would anyway) and since it was my birthday I could splurge and have dessert. But I actually recognized that I was full and I also finally put into practice this post where I already decided I didn't want that. Used the same mentality to say no to cupcakes and pie yesterday.

Emotional
I really think my relationship with the scale is improving. When I hopped on there this morning and saw 172.4 I thought that was only a .2 loss from last week. I was definitely bummed. But I stayed focused on the facts that I really did the best I could this week, besides maybe a little more effort with the exercise (but I did run 5 miles on Monday!) So I basically just swallowed that bitter pill, fixed my regular bowl of cereal, and thought about what I could work on this week. But when I came to do this post I looked up last week's weight and realized that in fact I had lost nearly a pound and a half! That was fun. And I'm still focused on what I can do better next week.

Spiritual
Had such fun yesterday breaking down a passage in Romans Ch. 9. I have missed my morning quiet time so much. Our kids are waking up extremely early these days so in order for me to get the uninterrupted quiet time first thing in the morning like I prefer I would have to get up at like 4:30! I just don't know about that. I know other people do it. I'm praying about it. The Lord will help me figure it out. I really want to make February a month to focus on having a quiet time every day like January was a time for getting in the habit of tracking.

Highlights
  • wonderful birthday
  • 5 mile run
  • Birthday week and no sweets :)
Goals for next week
  • at least 15 minutes of exercise daily
  • Meatless Monday
  • 1200 calorie days on Monday &Thursday
Photobucket

5 comments:

safire said...

Great break down of your week! Your next week's goals look doable and challenging at the same time :)

Have a wonderful Sunday! Congrats on your loss this week! Yay!

BEE said...

great post great breakdown of your week
congrats on the loss a loss is a loss remember that always
keep up the great work

Sarah said...

Great job on your loss!

Anja's Journey to Thin said...

Congrats on your success so far! I love reading your blogs! I love how you break everything down.

Angie

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

Deb